30 April 2007

Tired Kid

I have to say I am one worn out kid - emotionally and physically. My Nannie died last Friday morning. It wasn't unexpected, but we'll all miss her so much. I'm relieved that she's no longer suffering...

Sooo Friday night I drove down to LR...The next morning, George and I picked up Denton and Selina from the airport and drove to Crossett. Haha, I don't think I've seen so many desserts in one weekend! In addition to flowers, plants, lunch meat trays, there were a bunch of desserts! Apparently the church thinks we all need to be fattened up! We had 2 cheesecakes, pound cake, chocolate cake with marshemallow icing, tea cake cookies, chocolate chip cookies, 2 boxes hersey's cookies, egg pie (?),....I haven't even gotten to the stuff at the church! Saturday evening was the visitation at the nursing home. It was decorated soooo pretty - flowers wall to wall! We set up old pictures of her and part of her bird figurine collection around the room. Nannie herself looked so peaceful. They had her dressed in a beautiful blue dress that she had really liked. Mom said that right before she died, Uncle Frank got on the phone and after Pa had arrived the most peaceful look came over her face, and she passed on. She was like a mother to all of us, and I will treasure the memories I have of her. I know she's in the arms of the Almighty now.

The church has been tremendously supportive. Over a period of 2 days, they fed us potluck meals 3 times! I know they must be just as exhausted as I am. Also, Chase came to the funeral with me, and I was very grateful for his support. I just wish he could have met my family for the first time under happier circumstances. The funeral itself was yesterday. It went fairly well as far as funerals go. We laughed and cried while remembering a great woman. We left Cooter around 9 last night and got home around 11:30...So tired! Mom and Dad's community group completely surprised us... they cleaned our house, did all our laundry, and mowed the lawn! lol...Mom and Dad had been in Crossett for about 4 days leaving George at home. So it was converted into quite a mess! It's kinda embarrassing, but I guess the church understands the circumstances of our house being such a mess! I got home and it was like little elves came silently in the night and put everything away. Haha! It was very kind of them! They're also going to bring dinner for the folks back at the Rock tonight. I wish I didn't have school this week..but anyway......I fell asleep around 12:30AM last night in time to wake up at 5:30 to be able to get to UA for my first class... I have 2 tests today, and I didn't study an hour for either of them. eep...That's stressful....I really wanted a high A on the biochemistry test, but I might have to simply settle for a B. I have no idea how I did on it...I just know I sorta fumbled through all of it this morning... I guess if I make a B in the class, it's not the end of the world ^_^

No comments: